I can’t remember a time when I didn’t experience the fulfillment that comes with the pouring out of a song. My life can be mapped through my music as I forever squirrel away the beginnings of songs. Lines, words, scribbled in restaurants on napkins; blindly written on matchbook covers in dark theatres; scrawled upside down in the middle of night in notebooks by the bed and in the volumes of notes and voice memos in my phone. Writing is suspended space. It’s seeing and feeling through others’ eyes, lost in a wanderlust that pulls me in. I have longed as the man in the moon sitting on the edge of the planet, looking into the liquid black of a starry sky, as I eagerly await a successor to come and take my place; I’ve loved ‘em and left ‘em as a “one more kiss Jezebel’ who leaves in the night with their hearts and the truth; and I’ve closed my eyes and prayed to get through as an over-burdened hero faced with more than he can save. Songwriting? So cool. I wouldn’t be me without it.” RBT – Songwriter, Singer
• Lead vocalist and principal songwriter for ‘Daystar’, ‘Niteskool’ and ‘Bakersmith
• Toured extensively throughout North America and Europe
• Released ‘COURAGE’ (Sony) with major support from the Foundation to Assist Canadian Talent on Record (FACTOR)
• Awarded FACTOR “New Talent Award”
• Offered position as Staff Songwriter with Sony / ATV Publishing.
• 2015 – established RBT | NE Songwriting Partnership with singer, songwriter North Easton. Writing with / for emerging and established artists as well as pitching to artists and sync opportunities
• 2015 November – Established and launched “THE COLLABOR8TORS” – a prominent group of Canadian songwriters focused on co-writing and the ‘song at the centre’. They are : Patrick Ballantyne, North Easton, David Leask, Danya Manning, Ambre McLean, Blair Packham, Julian Taylor and Rosanne Baker Thornley
• 2016 Invited to join The Acoustic Guitar Project, global songwriting initiative, as Toronto Curator and 2016 songwriter / performer
• 2014 Semi-finalist – International Songwriting Competition (ISC) “Turn”
• 2015 Finalist | International Songwriting Competition (ISC) “Love Like That”
• 2016 : Judge for Long & McQuade’s Singing Contest : Semi-Finals and Finals
• 2016 Mentor : The Songwriters Association of Canada’s “4 x 4 Songwriting Challenge” mentoring 80 songwriters.